Our Physiotherapists located in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs will be offering the following program;
WHAT IS the kahrma program?
Do you suffer from ongoing hip joint pain? Are you having to struggle through exercising with knee pain? Perhaps you have recently sustained an injury or suffer from osteoarthritis?
KAHRMA is an 8-week structured and personalised physio exercise program addressing rehabilitation and mobility for the knee and hip. Whether you need help managing chronic pain or to get you back running after an injury, this program has been developed specifically by our physiotherapists at BodyMotion Physiotherapy to assist you.
KAHRMA stands for ‘Knee And Hip Rehabilitation Mobility Action’. If you have been experiencing discomfort in this area, our team is here to help you.
Our physiotherapists are all fully qualified and trained to treat you as you start on the road to recovery – and we will sit down with you to tailor a program specifically to your individual needs that will improve your knee and hip mobility. From professional and amateur athletes in a range of different sports, to those needing specific exercise for knee and hip joint pain due to osteoarthritis, we can develop a strategy aimed at significantly increasing your everyday quality of life.
Will KAHRMA’s mobility & strength exercise program for the knees and hips help me with my pain?
- Do you have knee or hip joint pain that has been ongoing for more than 3 months?
- Are you looking for specific strength exercises for the hips and knees that you can do to help ease your pain and increase your mobility?
- Are you consistently exercising with knee pain or hip discomfort, low motivation levels and just don’t know where to start?
- Are you struggling to get back running after an injury?
- Are you finding your pain is making it hard for you to cope with your day-to-day activities or keep up with those around you?
- Are you concerned about flaring up any other health issues that you may have, such as osteoarthritis?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to any/all of the above, KAHRMA may be the answer for you – please have a chat with your physiotherapist or make a time to book an initial assessment so you can ask further questions about your specific situation.
Alternatively, you can send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We can arrange a time for you to speak to one of our physiotherapists so they can answer any questions you may have related to our tailored physio exercise program available. You can also send a text message to 0409 993 048 to organise a time to speak or message through your questions. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 24 hours.
What does the KAHRMA program involve with hip & knee exercise options?
KAHRMA consists of 16 x 30-minute knee and hip rehab sessions, one-on-one with a physiotherapist. These are exercise-specific, personalised to your individual needs and drawing on a range of beneficial exercises to improve your condition. We also take into account any other health issues you potentially have which may require additional support, such as exercises for knee osteoarthritis or overcoming an injury.
- 8-Week Physio Exercise Program: These appointments are spread out over eight weeks, twice a week. You can complete them with any physiotherapist within our practice.
- Session Flexibility: Our program is perfect for our current COVID climate as they are designed to be either in-person sessions or remotely via telehealth phone or video call.
- Actionable Resources: You will receive a goodie bag at the commencement of the program, which includes products and information that will be helpful to you over the course of the program.
- Direct Access to Your Physios: You will have access to physiotherapists for the duration of the 8 weeks. You can also send through any questions via email at any time, and they will be responded to within 24 hours.
- Multiple Payment Options: When you pay upfront, you will receive a complimentary 30-minute hands-on physiotherapy session OR a 30-minute massage OR a 30-minute myotherapy session – to use whenever you choose over the duration of the eight weeks. If you are unable to pay upfront, you may split the payment into two payments, one paid at the start and the next paid at the start of week 5.
Myotherapy Support for Restorative & Exercising Solutions with Knee and Hip Joint Pain
Myotherapy boasts a range of healing, restorative benefits when you are experiencing knee and hip pain together – so it is often used in conjunction with KAHRMA.
Myotherapy is a form of massage treatment designed to prevent soft tissue damage and restricted joint movement caused by dysfunction in your tendons and ligaments. These ligaments , also known as myofascia, are the tissue sheets surrounding your muscles. It’s also where this form of treatment gets its name from – as the prefix ‘myo’ is the Greek term for ‘muscle’.
Our specialists will draw on the principles of physiology, anatomy and biomechanics so they can put together a detailed strategy to help you improve your overall knee and hip mobility. Speak to us to get the process started today.
Frequently asked questions:
Can I claim these sessions back on my private health insurance?
Yes – if you have physiotherapy cover, you will be given a printed invoice after each session which you can claim back through your specific health fund.
Can I use these sessions for general hands-on physiotherapy if I decide I don’t want to do the program on the day?
No, this package is only to be used for the mobility and strength exercise sessions related to hip joint and knee pain – however, you can still book in for any separate hands-on physiotherapy sessions if needed. They will be billed separately for the program sessions.
Can I put the program on hold if I need to?
We can certainly consider any reasonable requests to do this. All of the obligations are laid out in the initial financial consent document you will receive when you sign up.
I really haven’t been able to complete any exercises recently due to my pain levels. Is this really going to help?
Yes, if you have been exercising with knee pain or hip issues, we believe this strategy is a great place to start to treat your underlying condition, as it will be 100% tailored to your individual requirements and the level of fitness that you currently have. Should you be an athlete competing in various sports and need help with rehabilitation or recovery, this program is also designed to have you back running after an injury much sooner.
I actually feel like I’m pretty fit, but I am still getting pain, and I’m not able to complete the level of exercise that I would like to – is this still going to be a good program for me?
Yes – your program will be designed for you individually, so your physiotherapist will ensure that your level of ability is taken into consideration.
How much will the KAHRMA specialised physio exercise program cost?
Please email, text or call for the costs, as they do differ between health funds. You can contact us at (03) 9873 3333, send a text message to 0409 993 048, or email us at email@example.com to arrange an initial consultation or appointment.
A Relaxation Massage is a great way to pamper yourself, reduce stress and recharge your energy levels. Using a combination of relaxing massage strokes, usually with a lighter pressure, you can opt for a full body massage or choose the areas you would like to have massaged which can include the back, shoulders, legs, feet, arms, hands, neck, head and face.
This is a therapeutic remedial Maintenance Massage which may be recommended to you by your physiotherapist and aims to help you to maintain the results that you have achieved from your Physiotherapy treatments. This massage will be targeted to the area that you had treated by your physio, and will ensure that the muscles continue to work well together to keep you free of pain.
A remedial Therapeutic or Deep Tissue Massage is generally a deeper, firmer pressure and will target particular areas of tightness and restriction in your muscles. You will be asked to provide feedback throughout this massage to assess if the level of pressure is suitable for the area.
A remedial Sports Massage can help to ease any muscular pain post workout or after you have participated in a sporting activity. It can also be beneficial prior to a sporting event to ensure that your muscles are at their peak state, therefore assisting you to perform at your highest possible level.